If your student needs a device or internet connection for remote or blended learning, please contact your school who will help match your student’s needs to a device and/or internet connectivity.
Use Find a School and click on the General Information section of the school details to get the contact information for your school’s staff. Even if the school building is closed for in person learning, there will be staff available to help determine your device needs.
If your school does not have devices on hand and the student does not have a device or internet connectivity at home, the staff can fill out a request for a centrally-loaned iPad or hotspot to be delivered to the school for you to pick up.
Families with questions can contact the Helpdesk at 718-935-5100, press option 5.
- NYC public school, DOE Pre-K or 3K program (NYCEEC/FCC) students
- Charter school students
- with individualized education programs (IEPs) or
- who are living in shelter, foster care, or are living doubled up
- Private school students
- who were recommended for a non-public school placement by the DOE and placed at a state-approved non-public school by the Central Based Support Team
- who attend a private or religious school and receive special education services from the DOE, preschool students who receive special education services from the DOE (NY State-Approved 4410 providers or Special Education Itinerant Teacher services)
Schools and programs should work with you to request a device for your child to use for learning or receiving services if you do not have a device or internet connectivity.
Students who are in shelter or temporary housing can continue to use the shelter-facing help desk to request a device and receive tech support at 718-935-5100, press option 5.
Getting Started with Your iPad
If you have received your iPad, and need help getting it set up, see the Getting Started with Your iPad page.
Technical Support for Families
Call the Help desk at 718-935-5100